Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Coining Phrases

I offer some handy new phrases in the midst of the University of Arkansas football soap opera.

Recalling how the media often refers the news about celebrity couples with a single name such as "Brangelina" and "Bennifer," I recommend that "Gustain" might be used to describe the latest regarding our now departed coach and quarterback.

We need a similar name for our head coach and athletic director but I cannot decide which is better: "Noyles" or "Frankston." Not really jazzed about either one of those.

Since the whole story is likened to a soap opera I recommend the following:

All My Quarterbacks
Days of Our Linebackers

. . . . or going the old political scandal route:

Razor-gate

I know its sad and maddening, but we gotta have some sense of humor.

No comments: