Sunday, February 08, 2009

25 Random Things

There's a part of me that finds this Facebook meme interesting. It's interesting to read so many random facts about friends and acquaintances. I know that some folks would never bring these topics up in conversation. I like that part of it. I want to hear the stories. You people are good storytellers and you may not even know it.

However, I feel like something is missing. Where's the time and place in our culture to sit around and tell these stories in person? Facebook is a poor substitute for that sort of interaction, but where else does that interaction take place? We have made our lives and culture too busy. I fear we are soon on our way to becoming like the humans on Wall-E who sit in their floating recliners communicating to everyone via our laptops.

No comments: